Investment funds in countries including Jordan, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates are willing to contribute tens of billions of dollars to the US-led Board of Peace — they’re just waiting for stronger security guarantees in Gaza, The Post has learned.
Powerhouse funds like Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund support President Trump’s new entity focused on Gaza’s reconstruction — which met in Washington, DC, on Thursday — but are holding off until the violence dies down for good, according to two sources who have done business with the funds.
“I would not invest without a guarantee,” a billionaire investor close to Trump told The Post.
The person compared the situation in Gaza to the one in Ukraine, where BlackRock’s efforts to jump start investment have stalled as war drags on.
Investments from the major funds would come on top of pledges of $1 billion and $1.2 billion that the governments of Qatar and the UAE, respectively, made Thursday.
The Post has sought comment from the State Department and the Saudi fund.
Trump said Thursday the US is investing $10 billion in the Board of Peace.
Meanwhile, JPMorgan Chase is reportedly in talks to serve as the entity’s banker.
The Wall Street powerhouse is exploring ways to handle financial operations for the board, including processing incoming and outgoing payments, The Financial Times reported, citing sources close to the discussions.
The White House did not respond to a request for comment, but a senior administration official told The Post: “We are exploring all options with financial institutions that can help us get assistance to Gaza as effectively and efficiently as possible. We have nothing further to announce at this time.”
A spokesperson for JPMorgan declined to comment.
About two dozen nations have signed on to the controversial initiative, which Trump has positioned to challenge UN influence.
The talks come at a time of freshly strained relations between the president and JPMorgan.
The Trump Organization is suing the bank, along with CEO Jamie Dimon, in a $5 billion lawsuit over allegations that his firm was debanked in a “woke” crackdown on conservatives.
Trump established the Board of Peace last year with the initial goal of overseeing Gaza’s recovery after prolonged conflict.
Its scope has expanded, with ambitions to address global disputes, though many details on Gaza aid distribution remain unclear.
Board members include Apollo Global Management CEO Marc Rowan, US special envoy Steve Witkoff, Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner, US Secretary of State Marco Rubio and former UK prime minister Tony Blair.
Witkoff and Kushner are also being advised by ex-KKR executive Josh Greenbaum.
The first board meeting is set to be held on Thursday in Washington with representatives from more than 40 countries, including Argentina’s President Javier Milei.
Nations including the United Kingdom, France and Canada have declined participation, citing concerns that the board might undermine the UN
About a dozen countries including Germany, Italy, Norway and Switzerland haven’t joined the board but are reportedly planning to send observers to Thursday’s confab.
While some US allies have voiced skepticism of the board, supporters argue it offers a fresh approach to stalled peace processes.










